Had a generator installed by Pioneer? Or thinking about it?
Click here to write a review, or read our great reviews!
How Does a Standby Generator Work?
An automatic standby generator is a backup electrical system that operates whether you are home or away. Within seconds of a power outage, the generator will automatically supply power directly back to your home’s main distribution panel.
After the utility power returns, the generator shuts off and waits for the next outage. It operates on natural gas or liquid propane and sits outside of your home just like your central air conditioning unit. If you don’t have an existing gas source, Pioneer can help set up a liquid propane tank to supply your generator.
Why Buy Automatic?
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic standby generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
What Size Generator?
The most logical way to determine your needs is to envision your home without power. Some outages may be short in duration, while others could last for days or weeks. What would your family miss during an outage? Pioneer will be happy to come out to your home and conduct a FREE in home evaluation of what your personal power needs would be during a power outage. With the broadest product line available, essential circuit coverage starts with the economically priced Generac CorePower™ Series.
Other systems are available to cover virtually any application: Essential Circuit Coverage – Generac takes the guesswork out of sizing by offering prepackaged Guardian Series generator systems. The generator is paired with a transfer switch containing a predetermined number of circuits based on the generator’s kW power rating. Each circuit is directly connected to a matched circuit on the home’s main circuit breaker panel, providing electricity to that specific appliance or area of the home. Managed Whole House Coverage – With Generac’s Nexus™ load shedding switch options, non-essential circuits are shed when the generator approaches maximum capacity. They are cycled back on when essential circuits no longer require power, so all circuits receive power at different times.
Pioneer Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. was established in 1981 to service Knoxville and the surrounding area. Pioneer prides itself in taking care of the home owner’s total comfort needs and security provided by a standby generator. Our staff of knowledgeable, dedicated professionals takes pride in providing outstanding, personalized service to our customers and our community.
Call us today and become one of our many satisfied customers. Our Power Pro Elite dealer status is awarded to members of Generac’s dealer network who consistently demonstrate a commitment to deliver superior levels of sales and service. Like Pioneer Heating & Air, Generac Select Dealers maintain a qualified staff of factory-trained service technicians along with an ample parts inventory.